In case you have made plans to start your own e-commerce and finding it hard to decide on the best platform to choose, then you are in big trouble! The reliable articles might help you big time in this regard. You might have probably worked on your research and have come across some of the biggest e-commerce platforms lately. Some of the big players in the market like BigCommerce or Shopify always ensure to get hold of the best customers within their kitties. However, it is mandatory that you head for all the options first before you can actually look for the one you like the most.
If you ever got the chance to check at total market share of the current e-commerce platforms, you will ensure that WooCommerce is currently leading the chart with around 47.3%. Right on the second place, you have Magento with its 13.1%. So, these two options are no doubt prominent, but you have to be sure of which one to choose among these two options.
Get to the overview:
Before you head to choose the best e-commerce platform for your use, you might want to take a quick look at the overview first. It is always hard to decide on the Magento vs WooCommerce, as each one has its share of features incorporated in the list for the users, especially developers. So, going for the features first is an undeniably clever decision to take. This will help you to get clear idea on both these options and make way for the right choice lately.
It was found officially in the year 2011 and by Woothemes. It first started its journey to conquer the WordPress segment with amazing e-commerce features. It is highly stated to be one of the most promising sound e-commerce values, designed for users.
- It is further known to have powered around 305 of the entire e-commerce market.
- At this current moment, this platform is known to have around 10 million and above active users on a global platform.
- In case of ThemeForest, WooCommerce is said to have over 144 themes.
- On the other hand, in org, it has more than 567 themes.
- Moreover, there are over 240 themes in Mojo-themes, resulting in a total of over 1800 themes.
When it is about Magento you are talking about, you are thinking about a platform which started its journey in 2008. It is the brainchild of Varian, Inc. At this present moment, they are ruling around 8% of entire e-commerce market.
- Right now, the active user list has reached to over 25, 0000 with a transaction of the gross merchandize yearly coming to more than $50 million!
- On the other hand, Magento is known to house rather amazing themes and huge in number to choose from.
- Right from ThemeForest, this platform has over 890 themes. So, users have complete freedom in designing the e-store in the way they want.
Going for the resemblance:
Magento and WooCommerce are known as open source platforms. You can avail their original codes quite easily for allowing developers to just build or even modify the product as per selected requirements.
- These platforms are known to be loaded with amazing templates and themes, which force the sites to work in a proficient manner. It further offers amazing screen resolution; screen size and can work proficiently on any device.
- Some themes from these platforms are free and there are others, for which you might have to pay some bucks.
- Even the developers are in love with these platforms as the practices are available with amazing technical support. You even have the right to add some amazing products in website.
- Whether it is the WooCommerce or the Magento Website Development, both these platforms are equally adaptable to any form of framework technology.
- The platforms are rather easy to use and quite quick for you to install at the same time.
- When compared from the user or client’s end, the platforms are rather convenient to use on a daily basis.
Magento and WooCommerce are well backed up by huge user communities. There are multiple extensions or plugins available for enhancing and improving the current features of your e-commerce sector. You need to brainstorm the functions and evaluate for the best plugin selection now. It can help in implementing the right e-commerce requirements.
- Magento is known to have 3521 extensions for powering multiple crucial functions and features of e-commerce site.
- On the other hand, you have WooCommerce with 5404 plugins, designed for enhancing the current functionalities of the e-commerce stores.
Be sure to go through all the available options before heading for the right e-commerce platform. The entire process might be a bit time consuming, but in the end, it is all worth the wait. You can even ask developers for some advices.
Manoar Molla is pro blogger who is passionate to write anything that is related to business and marketing. He has written and published many articles on different blog.