Plated jewelry is very trendy in fashion life. It is the process where specific silver is coated with other (comparably valuable metals) metals. For example: If an antique ring has a cover of the gold layer, it is a gold plated ring. Gold plated jewelry is always very sensitive so that we need to be careful while we wear it. Usually, we take care of all kinds of jewelry. Now a day, ultrasonic jewelry cleaner is very popular on the market for this reason. But the fact is that here we are talking about plated jewelry. As it is sensitive, so we need to be careful while we wear it. Moreover, we suggest you clean it properly after every use.
Here we describe how to take care of gold plated jewelry at your home. Let’s move on.
Why is plated jewelry very popular?
There is always a reason for the price of gold, but it is not the only reason for the demand of gold plated jewelry. What do we see in the practical life? Do we wear heavy jewelry every day? Commonly, women wear heavy jewelry occasionally for example at a wedding party. In this case, wearing gold plated is best practice. I see lots of guys wear plated silver to avoid an uncertain accident like the hijacking. Whatever the reason, it is, and the market for plated jewelry is growing to undouble.
How to clean gold plated jewelry?
We already notified you through this article that the Gold plated jewelry is very penetrating. So we should consider something while our gold-plated ornaments. Generally, we suggest using ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for clean all kinds of precious metals whatever it is gold or diamond. But you must try natural jewelry cleaning solution before apply ultrasonic cleaning technology or steam cleaning system, and we hope it is enough for clean gold plate jewelry. You can follow the following procedure:
What should necessary
- Natural cleaning solution
- Soft towel
Plated gold on the silver or other metal is very soft, so it is easily scratched. That’s why we don’t suggest even brush.
Step 1: Firstly, try to clean it with a soft towel. Wipe your jewelry softly using a soft towel or cotton cloth. If your jewelry is only surfaced by dirt and dust, it is enough in this case.
Step 2: Take a bowl and fill it with warm (not so much hot) water. Mix the water with a few drops cleaning solution (we suggest to use natural solution).
Step 3: Put your gold-plated jewelry in the mixture and let it here for next 15 minutes. Whenever you take the piece of jewelry from the combination, use the soft towel and gently scrub in tight places. Rub it properly and remove 100% water from it.
I think you will recover your jewelry as the new one by using this procedure. But if your piece is heavily tarnished, take professional service or use a professional jewelry cleaner machine at your home. But don’t apply any bullshit procedure. It will damage your gold plate jewelry.
Tips On Caring for Your Gold Plated Jewelry
Let’s see some methods/ tips of caring fold plated jewelry:
- It is better to avoid any kinds of spray including perfume on gold plated jewelry. Gold plated means the coated metal what can interact with the chemical. So our suggestion is to wear jewelry after sprayed body spray or perfume. Lotion or cream can also be harmful to your plated metal. So wear those whenever the lotion or cream is absorbed by your skin correctly.
- Your other beauty element like nail polish, oil, nail polish remover, etc. directly reacts with coated metal. So use these carefully when you wear gold plated.
- Your sweat is very harmful to losing the shininess and suitability of it. That’s why don’t wear gold-plated ornaments when you do exercise or other physical work.
- Clean plated jewelry regularly and adequately. Remove dust, dirt, sweat after every use. Follow our cleaning guideline.
Wrapping It Up
If we take care of our jewelry, we can use it for a long time. We think this guideline will help you if you use gold plated silver. If further question/ query, please hit in the comment box. We should reply. That’s for all.
Manoar Molla is pro blogger who is passionate to write anything that is related to business and marketing. He has written and published many articles on different blog.