Trivandrum or call it Thiruvananthapuram is a wonderful place to be at. It is the home to so many temples and religious offers and that keeps the ethnicity and morals of their traditions. This place is filled with trees and waters which make this place a very beautiful spot to visit. People barge in here by booking flight tickets through many online travel agencies like Indian Engle and that is why you should also try looking so for some cheap flight tickets to India and come down to see this place. The best thing about this place is that you can visit this place anytime irrespective of the season. Now I have decided to write a little about many factors related to Trivandrum that might help you clear a little of those clouds of confusion.
WEATHER IN TRIVANDRUM:
Trivandrum has completely tropical climate and that is why you should be visiting this place because Trivandrum generally doesn’t disappoint. The temperature may vary from 27 degrees to 35 degrees which is pretty fine with all the greenery and backwaters around. The best part of the weather in Trivandrum is that the pre-monsoon rains. The temperature varies around 18-20 degrees making it a very ideal place to stay.
PLACES TO VISIT IN TRIVANDRUM:
Now that you know that Thiruvananthapuram is famous for waters, you will find water boats almost everywhere. Other than that this is the place where you will find the infamous AnanthaPadmanabhaswamy Temple which is filled with mysteries and vaults of wealth. Filled with temples, waters and beaches, you must be thinking Trivandrum is a remote area with natural surroundings but then let me tell you that this is also a well-developed city with many ultra-modern facilities to see around.
- So the first beach is situated 16 kilometers away from the city and is known Kovalam Beach from where you can close your eyes and feel the breezy air touch your face and the sounds of the heavenly waters around will blow your mind for sure. Don’t stay out for long if you are not pa party person. There is even a lighthouse named Vizhinjam lighthouse which is a must see and the entire place looks convenient.
- Poakallu, Hawa Beach serves people with its sandy shores who come here looking for a very peaceful time to be spent. The major tourist attraction of this place is the huge statue of Jalaykanya (a mermaid). It is said that it was carved by the great Raja Ravi Varma himself and you can get to see it till date.
- Next comes the Poovar beach which is present between the Arabian Sea and the phenomenal Western Ghats of Kerala. This place is again for mini boat rides, fish hunting and for strolling casually.
(i)There is a museum named Kuthiramalika Palace Museum that is 122 years old and was built in the Travancore architecture. Now this museum in Trivandrum holds all the precious jewelry of the kings, their accessories and their historical belongings.
(ii)Talk about Napier Museum and this is where you will find almost half of the people of Trivandrum. It has a slight India-Sarascenic architecture which allures everyone into seeing the museum. There are some costly items that are kept on display and you should not be missing for sure.
(iii) There is another museum complex called the SreeChithra Art Gallery that is known for displaying a rare and a unique collection of paintings. These paintings were masterpieces created by famous artists like Raja Ravi Varma, Svetlova and Nicholas Roerich. You will also find some of the most exquisite works from the Mughal, Rajput and Tanjore schools of art in this museum.
(i) Situated in the heart of Trivandrum, Padmanabhaswamy Temple attracts tourists from all over the world no matter what the season or the time of the year it is. This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu who is known to be the creator of the universe according to the Hindu Mythology. You will be finding a gigantic statue of Lord Vishnu in the sleeping position placed inside a dark cave-like room. The architecture of this temple is a blend of Dravidian and Keralite styles. This temple is also known to be one of the richest temples in the world and is known for holding many secret vaults built underground, some of which could be opened while the rest of them are still closed and hidden.
(ii) Stay in the same location and you will find AttukalBhagawati temple. This temple basically belongs to the divine mother in Kerala. This place is popularly known as Sabarimala for the women and is well known for its Pongal festival in which rice cooked by an entire mass of women is offered to the Gods.
(iii) There are other temples like PazhavangadiGanapathy Temple, KarikkakomChamundi Devi Temple and Aazhimala Siva Temple which are definitely an epitome of beauty. There are even some specific dressing codes or ways which have to be maintained when you enter these temples.
- Five Beautiful Tourist Place in India
- Trains Give a Great Piece of Experience during Your Journey
- What to see in Thailand – Top 10 Sites that you cannot miss
- 7 Best Aquariums In The US To Visit in 2018
Alex Ibrahim is naturally passionate to write articles on different niche like business, digital marketing, SEO, health and travel. He is also passionate to promote business by high quality articles. He naturally write articles by day and read at night. He is now executant of TravelatDestinations